Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Trouble with Little Giant VCMA-20ULS condensate pump
Words fail me.
6
6

Heat load derivation
Could one estimate their heat load by clocking the meter and adjusting the gas valve on the furnace? I turn down the gas valve reducing flame size until the furnace runs continuously on a design temp...
1
1

Burner Shutting Off Need Advice
I changed the controls on my burner tonight and the burner is still shutting off. I watched the burner run through its cycle and once the hot water heater hit temperature the burner turned off and the...
1
1

Blower Fan Motor
DO NOT ask thes sorry sacks of shit ANYTHING about electric....thry are CLUELESS!!!
4
4

Cracked Heat Exchanger, Soot Again - HELP!!
I have two propane furnaces (both Nordyne, both installed 4 years ago). The one upstairs is a smaller unit (only heating 1500 sq. feet) and has never given me a moment of trouble. The heating unit...
1
1

Opened up a system
The other day we were moving some linesets. One of them just wouldn't pull down into the recovery machine. The other 2 were recovered in a few minutes. I told the boys to just go ahead and cut the...
3
3

List of Bryant furnace error codes?
Call for service.
5
5

Off Topic Maglite conversion
Locals can be just as bad. I'll never forget one call-out - blizzard, radio stations screaming 'Stay home, you fools ! Stay home ! This one's BAD !'. So, of course I get a call, at 7 PM. Normally 30...
12
12

Carlin Oil burner problem
"And lastly, just get rid of the oil shit and get a gas unit or heat pump." couldnt agree with you more !!!! Bubba wrote:
4
4

Does outdoors heatpump normally operate without its inside blower??
I live in northern virginia and have two outside Trane heat pumps for a 2 zone HVAC system. Recently I've heard one of the outside heatpump units operating without its corresponding inside blower. Is...
2
2

will it work horizontal
I have a York Diamond 80 furance and was wondering if i could use in my crawl space as a horizontal unit model number is P3HUA12NO4801A Thanks for your help!!! does the H in model mean horizontal...
3
3

New Posters, Homeowners and Spammers
Read the FAQ http://home.att.net/~alt.hvac/default.htm
7
7

Anyone worked on a Marc GDL-4 reach in freezer before?
Need to replace the heater element in the door frame. Anyone has a service manual for a GDL-4? TIA
3
3

Heat Problems
Hi. I decided today to replace the old mercury thermostat with a new digital one. I turned off the breaker, removed the the old one, labelled all the wires, and installed the new one. When I attemped...
9
9

PM Refrigeration
Hey, Paul.... That little is exchange is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Ooops, gotta go now. I've got a call in to Bill Gates (somebody on the Usenet said to try him) for a key to Windows...
6
6