Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Westinghouse Centrifugal Fan, Fan Curve
ACNE....Wasn't that the same company that made those rocket assisted roller skates that the coyote used to chase the roadrunner?
2
2

Higher SEER = More Problems? Worth it?
jzjz had written this in response to : I agree. This 30+ Year contractor is just running his mouth without really thinking. He probably lives in a little house with $100 a month ac/heating bills. If...
25
25

The refrigerator from Hell (2023 Update)
They most all (except for that Dave guy)know enough to know that you didn't have a clue. This post demonstrated that yet again. Here it is: "As a few of you on the board know, I do some appliance...
20
20

Another work safely, SHORT vid
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/hotgass.wmv
2
2

Geoman Jr.s destiny?
Seriously, Mark is a flight freak! He wants to buy a gyrocopter and some day will get one. He's taken lessons too. So, here is a little movie for him to watch. Mark, make sure you fill up before...
1
1

Mobile home units / 13 seer
I remember reading about the mobile home industry asking for a 2 year moratorium on the conversion to 13 seer but haven't heard anything new about this lately. The problem is limited space in the coil...

fieldpiece --> crap?
im wondering what kind of luck you guys are having with fieldpiece meters. at one time i believed them to be top of the line, but now i have a small box full of fieldpiece meters that have failed me...
1
1

CRITICAL UPDATES RELEASED
a windows, Office and IE update NOW. Rich http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060411/ap_on_bi_ge/microsoft_security;_ylt=AlsIWpp3WFcBgwDT_qq.BK1v24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTA4MHNjNWZuBHNlYwMxNjk0 Our security operates...

What size is my Comfortmaker A/C unit?
I have a split Comfortmaker unit. I am trying to determine the size of the outside unit. I have a gas furnace model GUG094A016N that is 90,000BTU, but the outside units tag is gone. I scraped the...
2
2

Water questions
I was asked for a water enthalpy chart the other day and don't have one. Anyone have a chart on water? I guess he is interested in the characterists of frozen water subjected to different levels of...
5
5

Ideas about strange behavior of Bosch 250SX Tankless?
If anyone has seen the following mystery problem in a natural gas water tankless heater before and knows the fix, I'd be grateful to hear it. When cold water is run, the unit's exhaust fan goes on...
4
4

Useful link
Several of the freebee engineering programs listed at the site below I thought some of you might find useful...sheetmetal forming, dilution ratio, dewpoint, electrical calculators, etc...

Electric Furnace Wiring
Hi there! I'm not a professional, but am looking for some professional advice. I've got an electric furnace that is about 15 years old. It's got a two-speed fan. It runs on low all the time and then...
4
4

Diversity factor and it's affect on deciding for an Air-cooled Vs. water-cooled air conditioning system?
I am a B.Sc senior student of mechanical engineering, and I am undertaking my final project in the field of air conditioning, I have to choose the better air conditiong system ( Air-cooled Vs....
6
6

Black Soot from HVAC
Hello! I recently moved and find that the carpet in my new house, though clean otherwise, has a black sooty stain all around the baseboard. I called some carpet cleaners to come by and take a look and...
5
5