Wireless Thermostat to Control Individual Vents

Does anyone make an electrically activated room vent and matching thermostat that is wireless? We have two small rooms in a facility that were balanced, but the occupants of each room have incompatible comfort requirements. What we would like to find is a cheap room vent that could be given high and low set points by each user, and when those set points are reached the vents shut close. We would even be okay with a battery operated vent, with a power out condition resulting in the vent going to open (failsafe to open). Basically any design that lets us give each user some additional control on their personal room environment, with a design that allows a low install cost, would be desired. We tried thermafusers, and they just are not very reliable, and they tend to be a hassle to set, and almost impossible to explain to the end user.

Any products worth recommending for this application?

What you want, and "cheap" are NOT going to happen. Would you like fries with that? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Srew that. tell them that times are tough, they are lucky to have a job\\, quit whining and get back to ork. If they don't like it show them the door.

I am the real ftwhd and I approve this message.

Reply to
ftwhd

Arzel?

Reply to
geothermaljones

To all you nay-sayers here... I created something that does exactly what he's asking for as a senior design project for my Electrical Engineering degree. Unfortunately, it's not in production yet as the design is still undergoing improvements.

Reply to
ignisuti

To all you nay-sayers here... I created something that does exactly what he's asking for as a senior design project for my Electrical Engineering degree. Unfortunately, it's not in production yet as the design is still undergoing improvements.

Reply to
ignisuti

Sorry to disappoint, but that product has been around for years.. it is not a top seller. So while you are breaking your arm patting yourself on the back, the original patent is losing money.. I do believe that it is massively ignorant to put something on the market that is already patented. You may have to work two jobs to pay off the possible pendin lawsuite. Please post your Engineering registry number. When working in the public safety area that is required. I would not be surprised if Johnson Controls has already purchased that patent. Why don't you design a system that sorts out the useful posts here from the BS ones.

Reply to
Don Ocean

You remind me of LT Fuzz in the Beetle Bailey comic strip.

Reply to
Don Ocean