Watts Water Pressure Reducing Valve Question

Hello,

This is a really weird one.

Had a house inlet supply pressure reducing water valve put in by the town water Dept about a month ago. They used the typical Watts one, and all is fine. Body looks like it is a brass alloy of some sort, like they all do.

Today, I noticed the outside of the body has developed a greyish-white, hard, coating on it. Almost looks like an oxide of some sort, or an almost microscopic "pitting"

Location is dry. No leaks around pressure reducer.

I'll have them back to look at it, but was wondering if anyone ever had anything like this ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Jerking off near a pressure reducing valve is dangerous.

Reply to
HVAC

Robert11 posted for all of us...

Blue ointment

Reply to
Tekkie®

And you know this, How?

Reply to
Patriot

The basement is not as dry as you think it is. Get a dehumidifier and forget about the valve.

Reply to
Lefty