HVAC

DARRYL L PLANCK

-------------------------------------

IS IT OK TO INSTALL A LOW CUT- OUT CONTROL ON A ROFFTOP UNIT TO OPPEN THE CONTACTOR COIL WHEN THE TEMP GO DOWN TO 50 DG DARRYL

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 28440 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
DARRYL L PLANCK

ROFFTOP UNIT What's a rofftop?

TO OPPEN Is oppen a verb? Perhapz eez German ferb!

THE CONTACTOR COIL WHEN THE TEMP GO DOWN You mean "goes down"?

TO 50 DG dg? That's what Fundy Dave from Illinois calls this list. Discussion group.

DARRYL

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 28440 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Might make more sense if people used Usenet from their computers?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's one way to do it. However, you may want to try and find why the evaporator coil is running so cold. There may be other problems involved.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sure.

Better to interrupt the cooling call in the 24 V

Reply to
.p.jm.

I'd smash my head into the wall, but I'd rather smash the mormun instead. DAMM, you're dumb.

Reply to
HVAC

More likely coil freezing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Darryl, That is just Stormy the mormon idiots way of saying he doesnt have the first clue what you are even talking about. Never has. Never will.

What you're suggesting would work but why not maybe just install an outdoor condenser fan control. This will allow the unit to work properly down to about 35 degrees outside. A Crankcase heater may be required if it isnt a scroll compressor. Its really close in price to doing the low temp cut out method. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba