Is MDF primer OK for normal pine?

I can't see why not but thought I'd just check here - is it just 'overkill' to use MDF primer when ordinary stuff will do or is there something else? Just that I happen to have an opened can of it, just enough for a job, and would save me a trip to B&Q.

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

No, it's fine. MDF primer just means one with little free water, so it doesn't swell the fibres.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

... and like many of these products seems to smell suspiciously of PVA. It seems to dry in a kind of rubbery way as well.

Reply to
Andy Hall