The Fan

Hello.....My house has 3 different units for A/C and one of then the fan is no working. Make a noise like is going to star working but the fan doesn't move and get really hot. It is possible that I can replace the fan and that will fix the problem?

Reply to
topgunonline1

sir,, if the motor still turns free,, then replacein thecapacitor will get it running..

ds549

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

Now that was an ignorant statement. Funny how combining partial factual content with a complete lack of understanding or explanation can make a statement appear to be plausable.

Reply to
HVACGod
.

You're wrong AND polite........hmmm......

Who _does_ that_ sound like.....hmm?

Could it be,......... MORMON!!!

-zero

Reply to
-zero

You forgot your signature... "Posted by Totally Clueless"

Reply to
<kjpro

Unless the windings are open or short.

I have worked on a motor which spun free, but I wouldn&#39;t even waste a capcitor on it.

Reply to
Christopher Young

Hey, at least I was more polite than that.

Reply to
Christopher Young

I&#39;m not on web TV. Sorry..... I am also not Fundy Dave.

Reply to
Christopher Young

Check your running capacitor replace if you have something of kind?

Reply to
tony

Do think it is smart advising a HO, you know nothing about, to try and change a capacitor (if he were able to purchase one). It is likely the motor is toast anyway and it wont fix the problem (well maybe if it&#39;s a GE cap). If the fan spins free with power applied it is more than a cap problem. The risks far out way the rewards in this situation... IMO.

Joseph

Reply to
Joseph

Why you say that Joseph, replacing $20.00 cap. is no big deal I will assume that man is smart enough to disconnect power and if motor is toast what he got to loose $20.00 so? Tony

Reply to
tony

NEVER take anything for granted

Reply to
Noon-Air

But, you are just as stupid.

Reply to
<kjpro

Then *why* is he here asking questions, Moron!

Reply to
<kjpro

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

It is the word "A-S-S-ume where you f***ed up, Tony. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

A cliche in time saves nine.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Attn: Bubba, Kjpro, "Make a noise like is going to start working but the fan doesn&#39;t move and get really hot."

It is possible that I can replace

Reply to
tony

Attn Tony...