tempstar expansion valve

I have a Tempstar Model # PHAD36NIKA heat pump, it was purchased in 2002. I was wondering if anyone knows roughly what it should cost to get the expansion valve replaced? I would like a rough estimate for all parts and labor. I was given a figure by a local heat and A/C company, but it seems high to me. I appreciate any info I can get on this. Thanks and have a great day.

Reply to
tom

I have found it depends in what part of the country you live as to the cost of anything being done

And it is a TXV in the evap or condensor?

Reply to
daytona°

Yeah, well, gasoline is a bit high too but lifes' a bitch and then ya die. If you dont like the price get another estimate, dill-rod. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

It is the valve that would cause the pressure to not equalize. It also freezes the coils. thanks

Reply to
tom

Judging from your post, you obviously don't have a clue about the subject anyway. As far as the gas goes, you can always ride your bicycle.

Reply to
tom