Fine egg crate grille material

I got a request from a customer for a "fine grille" on one soffit mounted vent over a counter-top/desk.

I showed him a sample of 1/2" x 1/2" aluminum return grille material, and he wants the holes about half that size.

Yeah... I told him about reduced air flow, etc, but this is all about cosmetics, and it's only one vent, not all of them.

I've dug around the web, and only found 1/2" cells and larger. Gem-Aire doesn't stock anything smaller.

Does anyone here know of a source for egg-crate style grille material in

1/4" openings? It could even be lighting grille material, cut to size. I can figure out the escutchion to hold it on the boot, but I'm not up to making a custom grille.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Does it have to be the egg-crate style?

Reply to
<kjpro

Chicken wire is cheap

Reply to
Noon-Air

After all what came first.......................sorry i had to do it !

cheers, Paul

Reply to
Oztech

Honeycomb would probably be OK, too. The only smaller-cell honeycomb I can find is some RF shielding louvers with 1/8" holes. He might go for that, but I have to find a sample to show.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

How large?

You can purchase 2&#39; x 2&#39; stamped grills.

Reply to
<kjpro

Jeffrey Lebowski

Unless I read him wrong, he wants the same look as those honeycomb louvers on halogen lights. Not a flat grille, but something with "depth". It&#39;s all cosmetic; but hey... if he wants to spend the money having a custom grille made, who are we to argue. It sure won&#39;t be free. I&#39;ve already got about two billable hours just searching for stuff on the web.

I did find a phenolic paper honeycomb that may work, if painted. It&#39;s the core material for aircraft interior bulkheads, and comes in 1/8", 1/4", 3/8" cell sizes -- up to 1" thick, too, so it might work as a directional control as well. Just gotta get a sample. I think the phenolic resin along with some paint will withstand what little moisture it might be exposed to.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh