Smoking_Transformers

Attempting to install a hanging furnace in my garage (Mr Heater)... The instructions for the heater and thermostat seemed very straight forward until I flip the breaker to start it. Nothing but a sizzling sound from the transformer, and no life on the main board. Any Ideas?

TIA Jim

Reply to
Jim

Is this a new get high thing? I never smoked a transformer. I have however been transformed to other places by smoking some good shit.

Reply to
Da Cable Guy

Reply to
Bubba

You obviously didn't see the advice of a professional like the instruction manual says. You have now succeeded in letting the smoke out. Congratulations. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

bad transformer from the factory. wire in a new one of bigger VA rating and try 'er again. of course theres no life on the main board if ya smoked the trans. try the new transformer route and post results back to us.

Reply to
gofish

Replace transformer. Add low current fuse. Troubleshoot.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So your ATTEMPT failed.

Who's the Licensed, Insured, HVAC Installer on this job? Does he not know a HVAC Service Technician?

Reply to
<kjpro

So you&#39;re stumped too, eh?

Thanks anyway Jim

Reply to
Jim

Far from it.

My heat and the equipment in my clients structures operate just fine.

Nice Try.

Reply to
<kjpro

Jim posted for all of us...

Has this been reported to Captain Kirk

Reply to
Tekkie®

No, but the Klingons are around Uranus...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

LOL Jim your an idiot! Sorry we can&#39;t diagnose your problem when you call your appliance "Mr. Furnace"

What a joke....

Unless your a complete retard and messed up the line volatge I assume your dealing with a low voltage short. Have fun finding it. I could explain how to use a 3A fuse to easily find the short, but your too dumb. Sorry.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Only a dumb CAnuck would look for a short with a 3 volt fuse. A meter and a 3 amp circuit breaker would be a better choice. Looks like once again you are the dumb idiot Mr. Canuck. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

"DANgER" wrote

Umm, I believe he said "Mr Heater." As in

(not that it makes in diff in regard to the level of assistance available here)

Reply to
Ernest Scribbler

Danger cant read though so you&#39;re wasting your breath. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

snipped-for-privacy@heat.com wrote: I assume your

WTF is a low voltage short?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Tekkie® wrote

A short on the low voltage side of the wiring, ie: the 24 volt side. It&#39;s best to test for one with an inline fuse, or better yet, a resetable circuit breaker.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Reply to
Bubba

Thanks to all for helping me find my problem!

It was a thermostat wire shorting on the low voltage side of the transformer.

S>Tekkie® wrote

Reply to
Jim

That wouldn&#39;t have been a problem...

1 Wife home during week? 2 Wife have a day off during week? 3 Leave key with a HVAC company. 4 Leave key somewhere for the HVAC tech. 5 Leave key with neighbor. 6 Have a family member meet with HVAC company.

Where there&#39;s a will, there is a way.

Why can&#39;t you just admit that you wanted to save money and DIY?

Reply to
<kjpro