PV vs CV water heaters?

You have a very good point. BUT in alot of cases for us, we have installed TWH's for unlimited hot water usage. Took out (2) 50 gal atmospheric HWT's (in a LARGE house) and installed (1) Noritz N-132M (13.2 gal per minute) The Dr wanted the biggest. He had 5 baths (3 whirlpool tubs) 5 children and the story goes on. Installed with the option flush kit and remote controller. Ended up with all hot water taps opened with 132° at all taps. Dr happy and paid the bill (cash). We have been once to flush appliance...routine maintenance. He has said his gas bill is down and the consumption is also down. Maybe a few of the kids moved out :o)

Reply to
daytona°

That Noritz unit must have a whopper of a firing rate? What is the Btuh input? There was no doubt once we got past the tiny output Euro models, with good reliability and a big enough gas line, these instaneous water heaters would be the way to go. 13.2 gallon per minute at what incoming water temperature. We run about 45F or less here in winter and 50F in summer.

Reply to
wdgeddes

I’m looking to change from chimney vented to power vent and the rental per month goes up from $17 to $35, plus tax is there a huge saving?

Reply to
Elocin