Thanks for looking!
I've had a tech o my house three times now.
1.oil delivery in august...now won't run. I figure the crap in tank
got stirred up. (note to self...turn off furnace when getting delivery)
2. Tech guy works on it. New filter/tune up. Gets it running.
next day won't run
3. Tech guy cleans nozzle...
runs for about 2 weeks.
4. I figure purchase new nozzle and
replace. Runs good for a while, but
have to put in new nozzle every few weeks.
5. Has been running better, but when I run
heat for first time, smokes up the room.
6. call tech guy to clean it (he didn't want to first time).
he cleans out furnace and replaces filter.
Quits working next day.
7. I replace nozzle and add some HOT oil treatment. It starts up, but
shuts down after a few
So now if I hit reset it starts up and burns for a few minutes and
then shuts off. If I hit reset it will start every time, but won't stay
There is a small hinge in the becket where I can see the light from
the flame. I watched it carefully and the pump stops running, then the
flame goes out.