Oil Boiler runs...then shuts off. Help!

Reply to
Bubba

Steve Scott

That was not my point but you right both of you are right having good necessary instruments always helps Dido

Reply to
AKS

Alright everbody, here is update to my problem~ I got a new guy to come and check it out. He had all of the tools and ran all of the tests. He finally deduced the shutting off to be a bad transformer. He installed a new one, threw on a new Honeywell reset switch and even gave me a basic Honywell thermometer (I need to install that my self). He said the smoke is normal (for an older unit) and gets sucked up the draft flap ( not sure if that's the name). He also said I should just set the tempature at a fixed (68 or so) rate so I doesn't have to catch up so much. I had it set cool during day and late night. I also figure if it doesn't have to run so long to catch up, then it won't produce as much smoke.

Thanks for all the input. I think I found a good tech.

Reply to
K_man

Alright everybody, here is update to my problem~ I got a new guy to come and check it out. He had all of the tools and ran all of the tests. He finally deduced the shutting off to be a bad transformer. He installed a new one, threw on a new Honeywell reset switch and even gave me a basic Honywell thermometer (I need to install that my self). He said the smoke is normal (for an older unit) and gets sucked up the draft flap ( not sure if that's the name). He also said I should just set the tempature at a fixed (68 or so) rate so I doesn't have to catch up so much. I had it set cool during day and late night. I also figure if it doesn't have to run so long to catch up, then it won't produce as much smoke.

Thanks for all the input. I think I found a good tech.

Reply to
K_man

You should take a look at the Testos, the O2 sensors are way cheaper then Bacharachs junk.

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

Smoke is NOT normal for an older unit. If it does get sucked up the barometric that helps but it needs to NOT smoke. It still needs to be adjusted properly.

You should be able to set it up or back wherever you want, including lowering it at night then turning it up in the morning. It shouldnt make any difference on how it works. (although, of course a warm chimney will draw better)

Ettttttttttttttt. Wrong!

better.......not good. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I didnt know that. I'll look right now Bubba

Reply to
Bubba