HVAC Timers - How do we cut off the system only during church each Sunday?

We want to hear the preacher.

Thanks for the Advice.

Doug Clark

Reply to
beulavillenc

Start a fund drive for a better P.A. System.

-zero

Reply to
-zero

Sounds like somebody in the congregation put in the cheapest heating and cooling system they could find, and they just threw it in without *ANY* actual HVAC knowledge because that was the cheapest thing they could do. Now you have to pay the piper. Here are some things you need to do to cure your sanctuary ills.

1) Contact your local *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician. Explain your problem to him and PAY HIM for his knowledge, then have him make the changes with a written garantee that the noise level will be reduced by XX percent to XX decibels. 2) Implement his recomendations, then PAY HIM for his work 3) Have him provide quantitative measurements to prove reduction in noise levels. 4) Invest in a better sound system 5) Have him install a 7 day programmable thermostat with automatic change-over and built in humidity controls, and control lock-out capabilities, for the congregations comfort and to keep the short, old guy with the white hair from jumping up and down all the time during the services to play with the thermostat. You will find that the church utility bills will go down too.

No its not gonna be free, Yes its gonna cost money... and possibly a LOT of money. I guess that you have already figured out that the sanctuary comfort system is *NOT* the place to try to pinch pennies.

Reply to
Noon-Air

?Are you saying a timer with the above description could keep the system from coming on from 11:30 am to Noon on Sundays?

?If yes, can you suggest a brand and model number?

Thanks for your time.

Doug Clark

Reply to
beulavillenc

Yes but thinking maybe he's also suggesting it takes a rocket surgeon and all of your congregation's next two years worth of tithings get him or some other "competant tech" to modify the existing system...

If nobody in your church has enough brains to figure out how to f****ng shut off the heat plant then may GOD help us all.

Reply to
Jeffry Lebowski

I had the same problem in the sanctuary of my own church...4 5 ton systems with gas heat. The cost was not bad... around $3500 and that included the new controls. Now the systems are so quiet, that your not even aware that their running...even when the sanctuary is empty. The systems controls are programmed for occupied and unoccupied times. Everybody is comfortable and can hear the pastor. As an added benifit, the utility bills went way down. The *ONLY* reason they had me do it instead of having "Bubba" do it, is not because its my church, but because I do it for a living.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Hey, hey now........ Id probably have been more expensive anyway. :-) Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I'm thinking just hand everyone a paper fan in the summer. [Like the amish.] You'll save on energy too!

In the winter, light more candles. ? More time to reflect.

Reply to
Zyp

Sorry my friend, we have an HVAC guy running around here who's NAME is Bubba. FWIW, the repairs on the systems in my church consisted of 4 T-8611 stats, 4 RA plenum and filter grill replacements. That was all that was needed in this case to correct the problems.

5 tons through an 18 x 24 filter grill with 18 inch flex to the furnace just ain't gonna work.
Reply to
Noon-Air

wrote

Ernest Scribbler

Zyp posted for all of us...

My thought was to have the nubile virgins wave the palm leaves in a refreshing manner.

My thoughts was have the nubile virgins shake their bootys in a refreshing manner.

Reply to
Tekkie®