need help with a commercial ice machine

Hello, I have a Manitowoc series 600 ice machine that worked fine until a couple days ago. Right now, if I plug it in and it is cold, it start in normal mode, and for about 3 or 4 minutes runs fine (I can see a thin film of ice forming on the harvesting plate), then the fan stops spinning, and the compressor keeps running until it overheats. I checked all the electrical components, and everthing is ok, but I can't check anything related to pressure and/or refrigerant. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks in advance.

Alex

Reply to
alexpio

Need to call a commercial tech that does ice machines.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Without the tools and materials and knowledge you can guess all you like or come here asking for people to guess.

IM repairs are a cost of doing business. When's the last time you even cleaned the thing? Call a repairman.

Reply to
Sid

Does it go into harvest and dump? Or no? If it doesn't, it seems the electonics that open the hot gas solenoid for harvest isn't working or the solenoid isn't opening when asked. You need a refrigeration service tech to check it.

Reply to
Zyp

Just a quick note to let you guys know that the machine is working fine again (for the last 4 hours), and I have no explanation for what happened, other than I forced it into the harvest cycle for about 30 seconds while the fan was not spinning and the compressor was running very very hot. When I released the water curtain, the fan started spinning again, and it everthing is fine ever since. Any idea of what happened?

Reply to
alexpio

Your futzing with it probably knocked some bacteria growth off a sensor.

That red jelly kind is real nasty but the dry crusty black stuff is almost as bad as the clear rubbery jelly with the spots suspended in it.

Fess up. You peeled that 1/4 inch of dirt off the condenser.

So when did you clean it last? Try to tell us a story we haven't heard before.

Reply to
Sid

Ah! Those were the days!!! Not bragging, but I think I fixed so many Twocs out there that I could tell what was wrong with it just from the sound it was making and then fix it with my eyes closed.

BTW, I saw a later post that said it was running fine for 4 hours.

It's gonna do it again unless you fix it......

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab