Homeowner question: replacing my home heat and AC system...

I have a ten year old York forced air gas furnace with the AC compressor outside. I'm considering replacing it.

What do you profressionals consider the top two brands in terms of quality and realiability?

Thanks, AABob

Reply to
AABob

Bob;

It's not the brand so much as the installer. You can even hire a *good* company and still get a shitty installer. Talk to your neighbors, your friends, co-workers, and relatives [if you're still talking] :) and find out who they've all had good luck [or bad luck] with.

Reply to
Zyp

Any brand I sell and install. Why you ask, because the installation is more important than the name on the front of the equipment.

Reply to
<kjpro

Hi, First, fidn and get hold of a high caliber installer. Then check with consumer report, your neighbors, etc. Around here we stick with Trane, Carrier, Lennox, Rheem.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Consumer Reports... LMAO

Reply to
<kjpro

We? What we? Tony, you gots a mouse in your pocket? And what the hell is a "fidn"?

Reply to
Zyp

AABob posted for all of us...

I like the ones with AC compressor INSIDE that way you have ac in winter and heat pump in summer. You will have to look for the manufacturers of these yourself as I am bonded to not advertise.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Tony Hwang posted for all of us...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Your choice;

  1. AirEase:
  2. Allied Commercial:
  3. Amana:
  4. American Standard:
  5. Armstrong Air:
  6. Bard:
  7. Bryant:
  8. Carrier:
  9. Coleman:
  10. Comfort - Aire:
  11. Comfortmaker:
  12. Friedrich:
  13. Frigidaire:
  14. Goodman:
  15. Heil:
  16. Hitachi:
  17. Lennox:
  18. Luxaire:
  19. Maytag:
  20. Nordyne:
  21. Rheem: / Ruud:
  22. Tappan:
  23. Trane:
  24. Weathercraft:
  25. Westinghouse:
  26. York:
Moe Jones

You left out Tempstar?

Reply to
Zyp

  1. Daiken:
    28. Tempstar:
    29. Mitsubishi:
    30. Goldstar:
    31. Payne:
    32. Fedders:
    33. Aaeon:
    34. Arcoaire:
    35. Bard:
    36. Marvair:

My God this list is endless...

Reply to
Joseph

Hmmm, fidn is typo for find, OK? We? my clan in and out of town. My family is big including in-laws.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Where&#39;s...

Arcoaire? KeepRite? ThermoZone? WeatherMaker?

Reply to
<kjpro

  1. Weather King:
    JK
Reply to
Big_Jake

WeatherMaker?, I think Carrier has used that name for several decades.It&#39;s older than Worthington.

Reply to
kool

WeatherMaker is Carrier WeatherKing is Rheem

Reply to
Noon-Air

Carrier is King. (-; Hell, Willis invented A/C.

Reply to
kool

<kjpro

Thanks, but I don&#39;t need a furnace.

Reply to
kool

You said you &#39;thought&#39; Carrier used that name... I was just making it a fact. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro