Heil A/C equipment

What is the thought about Heil equipment? I have heard repeatedly how Goodman is not favored because it's too generic, and how Trane is too proprietary. What's the story on Heil?

Reply to
Nonny

Cheap stuff... ICP is now owned by United Technologies (Carrier). Check last Julys Consumer Reports.

Reply to
Steve

As I remember, Heil, Temptstar, and Airquest are the same equipment, but with different levels of warranty. I got to help install a lot of Heil equipment, and it seemed to work well.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Moron, you wouldn't know the difference.

Reply to
Steve

I'll tell Mom on you. You play nice.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A campfire works well when you are too cheap to buy the best. Heil is not as good as Goodman products..That ain't saying a lot. Goodman has improved greatly in the past few years... Has an excellent warranty. And a damned cheap purchased labor warranty. And no... I don't deal in Goodman. Your value will come in the quality installation by a knowledgeable first class service company. Install equipment that is well known in your area. That way when the eventual repair is required ..Parts and technical service are right there when it is -20ºF.

Reply to
Alexander

Are you sure which one is your Mom?

Reply to