Good ol "Dave" at "Lummox"

Well when I heard this one I thought Id just have to break silence. Sat I went on a call to a Service Agreement Customer. No A/C (1 of 3) Its a Lummox 2001 model HP26-060-9P (just a year outta warranty) installed by a large company. About a month and a half ago, I had to replace the outdoor expansion valve. Stuck closed. Bulb flat. Now its got a leak (completely out of refrigerant). Leak is in the outdoor coil at the tube sheet U-bend. I call to get a replacement coil cost/availability. About a week outta Des Moines Iowa (typical of Lummox). Then I ask the price. $1,994.55 !! HeHe. I nearly fell off my chair. You just gotta luv em. I told him I didnt want the gold crate it came in. Just the coil. Somehow, he just wasnt in a jovial mood. Granted, Im not a Lummox dealer but WoW! Needless to say, they are getting a new heat pump of a different flavor tomorrow. I would be curious if a Lennox dealer here could email me their dealer price on that condenser coil (just so I can have a good laugh). Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I just had to hear it for myself..... # 62K28

$ 1994.54

But hey, it's IN STOCK!!!!!!!!

LMAO

Reply to
<kjpro

Bubba wrote

Like I&#39;ve said before...their motto should be "Lennox, you can buy better, but you can&#39;t pay more!"

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Damn You! You&#39;re getting it for a penny cheaper........you w**re! Bubba :-)

Reply to
Bubba

They said they were giving me a discount! :-)

Reply to
<kjpro