Generator power to gas furnace???

It has the glow plate-This may be the problem if it takes 400 watts to work. Is this overloading a Coleman 2500 (watts)?

Thanks AndrewG

Reply to
AndrewG

Hi, Does the generator give pretty clean sine wave of 60Hz AC output?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I never tested it and do not have a tester

Reply to
Andrewg

Furnace doesn't need particularly "clean" power. I ran mine off a generator plenty of times.

They make a nice mechanical cutout plate for most breaker panels that will let you legally back feed your main panel. Then you can run what ever you want.

Most of my neighbors used a length of 10/2 with two male plugs on it and plugged into the dryer outlet and generator. Turn off the main and fire it up. Not legal but sure is easy.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Hi, It better be. It will run but not very well in regard to efficiency. Any thing with motor needs clean AC power to run well. That is why El Cheapo gen sets cause troubles even damaging equipment it is powering. Often poorly made, over rated.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

3

rator plenty of times.

So what do you think it's going to do, use an extra few watts? I ran two c arrier central gas heats off a no name el cheapo generator for 10 days stra ight. Both units went on to run another 10 years after that. And both wer e replaced because the heat exchangers rusted out, fans were still going st rong.

Reply to
jamesgangnc