Carrier info nuts....

Just got home and too late to call the Distributor. Have a condensor MOD

38GK001330 SER F7A04300. Now am I seeing a 13,000 BTU unit? Not making any sense. Of could my mechanic have seen the wrong number (since he is so vain to buy any glasses) Thanks JB
Reply to
daytona°

18,000 btu older than old

38GK001xxx=18,000

38GK002xxx=24,000 38GK003xxx=30,000
Reply to
gofish

If your application is thru-the-wall, try these guys for replacement units:

gofish

Thanks Fish The condensor sits on a 3 story roof and out in the open. Yes...I know it's old. I have been taking care of the building for about 25+ years and it was old then The other 3 units have been replaced, but those apts are alittle larger and use 24,000 BTU units. JB

So I guess it's time to get the Superman Hoist out and lift a ton and half unit up. I like dropping the old condensor in the dumpster from 3 stories

Reply to
daytona°

Dumpster?? You don't take it to the scrap yard for $$$$ :-))

Reply to
geojr

van west comfort had written this in response to

:

Mistakes are not the issue. How you resolve mistakes is the issue.

------------------------------------- I wish I had signed up for this forum a day earlier. I just installed a 2 ton condenser, were I should have installed a 1.5 ton condenser.

Same model number, 38Gk01330, which is the 1.5 ton. Well at least there are stairs to the roof, so I don't need a crane.

This is the last time I don't verify that the distributor de-coded the model number correctly!!! I guess the cost of the switch to the 1.5 ton is my "tuition."

How did you get the model number information on these ancient units? And how old are they?

I have a roof full of them on a condo building.

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 26048 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
van west comfort