calculating capillary size

how do i calculate evaporator capillary size or for indoor part of split unit???

i know the discharge, suction and evaporator tubing size

Reply to
ifarooq

Now days, most folks use a TXV. Or an orifice (which is also called a piston, a flow rater, or a couple other names).

I bought some captube awhile back, that had some charts on the box.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is Turtle

Read on any package or box that the cap. tube comes in and it will have a chart as to BTU rating verses so many feet of this cap. tube with the different type freons. Most list all the freons like 22, 12,

134-A, or 404-A & more for you to tell how many feet to cut the tubing off to use.

Shorter the cap tube is the less BTU it will let through and the shorter the cap. tube the more btu's you can use it on. They are very simple to use on any hvac/r system as utting the length you cut it.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Wow! That's quite a bit of information to put out to the public.....Don't you think, Stormin?

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

Are you for real

Reply to
DIDO

Just pinch off the tube with a pair of vice-grips until it gets "beer can cold".

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Well, roll me over in the clover! Welcome back!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Either you must be too young to know or remember what 'roll me over in the clover' was about, or your very very sick..........

Reply to
Geoman

In case you need help,

BTW, yes, if this it Turle, good to hear from you again. Paul wont like it, but heck, he needs someone to fight with or he's not truly happy, right Paul?

Its been pretty boring around here without Turtle, Marc or Mike getting the place all worked up! LOL !!! We had to resort to picking on Marks favorite place to camp out, the attic!

Rich

Reply to
Geoman

be careful what you ask for, Stormy! somebody may take you up on an offer like that (UGH!, not me, though) UGH! you are in corn hole country upstate NY there.

Reply to
DIMwit

For me, it's only an expression of surprise. Nothing more.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon