Ball Park Estimate

Could anybody give me a ball park on the cost of a Payne PF4M Fan Coil? the unit cost and installation cost. My ripoff home warrenty co. wants to give me only 600.00 for both. I can't even get anyone to look at the Payne unit. I call HAVC companies and they tell me, they are not interested in working on a Payne. Can you belive it!

RSC

Reply to
Schmooseme

I can believe it, and I can believe the response from the home warranty company too. The money you spent on the home warranty was wasted....BTW, you do know that your realtor got a hefty commission on that too. FWIW, My

*installed* price on a new air handler/fan coil or whatever you want to call it this week runs a range from $1,800 to $3,500 plus tax and whatever else needs to be done to meet or excede current code.

There is a reason that I don't deal with home warranty companies... They are insurance companies whos entire purpose in life is to take your money, weasle out of anything they don't absolutely have to pay, and to make a profit for their shareholders. End of story.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Yep, just look at the name... PAIN.... :-)

Reply to
KJPRO

Hmmmmmmm.....I wonder if the home warranty company is AON?

We used to do work for them and Payne was the only equipment they "supplied" us with. We stopped doing work for them a couple years ago because they wanted us to do the work for practically nothing (for example: they wanted us to install a condensing unit and air handler for $500.). They obviously started using one of the local hacks because we recently have had several service calls on units that crapped out that (as the customers tells us) some clueless contractor the warranty company sent out.

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

I was AHS and the BBB got me about half of what it will cost to replace the old coil/air handler, so the end to this saga...

Home warrenty, NEVER AGAIN !!!!

RSC

Reply to
Schmooseme