The HMS sage continues

So after a week now of my customer having no resolve from the HMS home warranty company its come to this: First Ive had to call them 3 times now. They want more info, what I charge, what I'll cover, what they wont cover, what they think is best, the girl that handled the claim first was new, the process is in "finalization, the coil costs too much, etc. etc. They have decided not to replace the evap coil in the Trane TWE air handler due to cost. (Take an average A-coil and double the cost). "Nothing stops a Trane..........(except price). :-) Instead, THEY WILL SUPPLY a new Payne air handler with the electric heat. They will not pay for recovery or anything else. Strictly my labor will be paid. I need to give them my "labor only" price to install the unit and let them know what will and wont be covered..............hehehe. Seems simple enough. I'll give them my regular price I normally charge to install a basic cheap air handler and subtract out My Cost of the unit only. Its like working for some cheap bastard with no money. "HMS......gotta luv em". NOT! Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Last time I dealt with a home wqarranty company, I sent them a copy of my flat rate book, and told them that its *NOT* negotiable. I still get the occassional call from them, and when they ask how much for a repair, I tell them to look it up in the book I sent them. They look it up and try to get off the phone as quick as possible to find somebody "cheaper".

I provide a service.... If they want me to work for them, its going to be under *MY* terms, not theirs.

BTW... another one to watch out for is Dollar General Stores...... they might pay if they feel like it, and when they feel like it.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Run, while you still can!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon (on backup com

I have never had a problem with the Dollar General stores... locations may vary.

Reply to
<kjpro

I had problems with Ames department store. I don&#39;t think they are still in business.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon (on backup com

I STOPPED WORKING FOR ALL HOME WARRANTY COMPANIES years ago.....they are the cheapest f****ng asshole alive. No matter what you tell them. They don&#39;t cover it. Even a friend of mine in the HVAC business worked a deal with a few of them. I saw him a few weeks ago, he mentioned he even stopped doing any work for them. The insurance companies screwed him out of thousand of $$$$ they owed him

BUBBA...walk away while...no no no, RUN away while you still have no investment to the job

Reply to
daytona°