Bad linesets??

I have gotten 3 bad line sets right outta the box(bag?) They are IUSA Cambridge-Lee Industries(made in Mexico). They come in a plastic bag instead of a box. The all had leaks in the liquid line. The first one I saw the holes in it before I ever un-coiled it, the second one got installed and wouldn't pull a 400 micron vacuum. One of the holes was so small I needed a magnigying glass to see it. The 3rd one I put the vacuum pump to it before I put it in the system, and it wouldn't pull down either. The copper seemed real thin... and on further inspection, the LL wall thickness was only .020in. Wasted a lot of time and money on garbage that the supply house carried "because they were trying to save money".

Has anybody else had this problem??

Reply to
Noon-Air

My sales weasel was here today and I *showed* him what I was talking about. I am returning the other ones to the supply house inna morning for credit.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Hasn't been an issue -- but then, I don't do much installing any more. I'm working off old stock. I'm sure to see some, soon. Be even more fun with the new high pressure 410a.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There are the occasions when the shirt and tie doesn't know something is bad. First complaint on a new product. After that, I think they are trained to keep saying "we havn't had any problems with those". I'd respect them much more if they would say "Yes, we've had a lot of trouble, and we're trying to make good for you."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It was a 410a system you idiot

Reply to
Steve

But, of course, you didn't specify. How can you expect us to know these things? Of course. Psychic powers. Hey, hold your head closer to the monitor screen next time. The brain waves were a bit weak. Oh, wait, that's your normal brain function? Well, then, disregard. I'm sorry. For you, that means "nevermind, go play".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Idiot... If you had paid any attention over the last 4 years, you would have know that thats *ALL* I install.

Reply to
Steve

Did you say something? The brain waves are so, so weak.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think he was refering to his own brain(?) waves. All 2 of them.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Wow! Steve just got called out by the mormun!

Reply to
HVAC

You really think I care what you do? No, on second thought, don't answer. I don't care what you think about the question of if I care what you think.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon