Cranky pilot tube in gas furnace

Have an ancient NG fired forced air furnace. Everything is fine, until I forget to pay my gas bill, and it's temoporarily shut off. Relighting the pilot is BITCH. It has a Honeywell Pilotstat valve, and a push button boost on the pilot tube. You have to hold the button gown on the Pilotstat, and push the boost button to light. The tube has a line of ports along it's length, which I assume should zip the flame from a match touched to the first one, into the burner to light the pilot. It refuses to do it. Just the first 4-5 holes light. I took the feed pipe off and blew the pilot tube out with compressed air, to no avail. Thoughts? JR

Reply to
JR North

Scrub the tube with a nylon brush.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sorry, all, didn't notice I was on alternate havoc.

Now there will be a chorous of voices telling the fool to open the phone book and call the repair guy. And a flood of posts calling me a hack.

Let the games begin!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

See? It's started already. The natives are restless. Here is a typical Usenet poster:

which looks a heck of a lot like me when I wake up.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thoughts? Yup I have one. Fuck off.

Reply to
The King

Thanks. Now we know why girls won't talk to you. JR

The K> >

shut off. Relighting

Reply to
JR North

Any residential furnace that still has a standing pilot is most likely long past due for replacement. The new ones don't have a pilot.. the are either spark or hot surface ignition.

Reply to
Noon-Air