Air handler coil access for cleaning

I have a 9 year old Goodman brand split system, with the air handler in the atic crawl space. Can anyone tell me how to access the coil so I can clean it? There doesn't seem to be an access door that I can see. Is it necessary to remove the ducts from the supply side or return side to get to the coil? The "good" people at Goodman, wouldn't talk to me for liability reasons!

Reply to
Fins

Your best bet is to call your local *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC contractor to come check, clean and service your system.

FWIW, I don't give a rats ass if its not what you wanted to hear, but its the best advice your going to get... especially considering you can't even

*FIND* the coil, let alone get to it.
Reply to
Noon-Air

The best advice is to leave it to a professional, as you're already over your head or you wouldn't be here.

Reply to
<kjpro

Fins wrote

Those bastards! Probably the same ones that killed Kenny! Anyway, here&#39;s what you need to know. Get a ladder. Go to Aunt Betsy&#39;s room. Move her dresser to the left, being careful not to knock over her picture on Uncle Herbert (although they never really got along that well anyhow, you know). Then climb up on the ladder, The attic access hole has ben drywalled over. Start punching holes in the ceiling with your fist (there&#39;s supposed to be an access hole there anyway). Climb in through the said hole, then make your way over to the air handler on the right.

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw