Air Handler leaking...

I have Central Air put in 2 years ago, first Winter, no problem... However, this year, Water is leaking through the air vent.

Air handler is on the Attic (above 2nd floor), and the Condenser unit is outside of the 1st floor.

When I went up to the Attic, I can tell there are good amount of water in the duct and under the duct connected to the air handler and the tubes that are connected to the air handler... How could this happen, and how do I get rid of this problem...

Thank in advance for your input. /Al

Reply to
kylelai

This is Turtle.

Art said Clean the condensate drain out and that is just about the only thing that comes to mine here, but maybe a long shot which is probley not the problem. You running air conditioning air through uninsulated sheet metal ductwork or no vapor barrior on the insulation of the sheet metal duct work. Now if this was the case it should have showed up last year too.

So Clean the condensate drain like Art said and cure it.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

The drain tube is plugged. Should see a white PVC drain tube that drains to outside or an indoor drain. Unplug it.

Reply to
Art

Gee I thought Art was right, Bubba says no, Im soooo confused .

Reply to
m Ransley

Why are you running your AC in the winter, you big silly?

Reply to
Matt

Reply to
Bubba

As usual Bubba seems to offer his usual grade of advice.

Are you skipping school again today?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Art's right....I have seen this many times in an industrial situation. They collect the condesation in a pan and pump it outside. Pump clogs or ceases to work, pan leaks on drop ceiling and on Monday morning I would find my desk covered with light fixtures, drop ceiling and yes plenty of stinky water!.....My .02 ........Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

He might live in Florida....I had mine on yesterday when it hit 84 degrees!....But you're right...most are running the heat pump....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Art was right, Bubba says no, what's confusing about that? :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

'I have Central Air put in 2 years ago, first Winter, no problem... However, this year, Water is leaking through the air vent. Air handler is on the Attic (above 2nd floor), and the Condenser unit is outside of the 1st floor. When I went up to the Attic, I can tell there are good amount of water in the duct and under the duct connected to the air handler and the tubes that are connected to the air handler... How could this happen, and how do I get rid of this problem... Thank in advance for your input. /Al'

ME: Al, possible causes as follows :

  1. Cooling Coil pan is overflowing due to plugged condensate pipe/fitting.

  1. Cooling Coil is not pitched toward its outlet drain and is overflowing.

  2. Cooling Coil condensate could be blowing off of the coil surface and entering the supply ductwork.

  1. Supply duct may be condensing due to lack of / poor insulation. (reaching dewpoint) .

  2. Condensate piping could be leaking due to poor gluing at fitting(s)

  1. Cooling Coil could be freezing up due to not enough airflow (very dirty air filter, blocked supply/return air grilles,etc...) or cooling system being low on freon this year ; then when the ice melts on the cooling coil, it drips outside of the cooling coils condensate pan.

Most likely : Numbers 1 and/or 5.

Dave

Reply to
HVAC fella

'Stick it up your ass Joseph. When I need another mother, I'll call you. Now blow me you dick head. (Gee, remember how quiet I was to you after you shut the f*ck up? '

ME: Al., Not all hvac techs behave like this ; please disregard...even if the vile talk is not directed toward you .

Reply to
HVAC fella

I have no doubt that every time you open your mouth it smells like some unwashed low-life just uncrossed his legs. I guess eventually, when science gets to view your remains, the world will discover how important contraception really was in the year before your birth. The only thing I've ever gotten from your posts is proof of your absolute ingorance. PLONK

Reply to
PhotoMan

Reply to
Bubba

And not all act like Davey the hack wannabe little boy lover. Go away Davey. No one listens to your advice. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

How sweet photoman. Now blow me. Go find your children somewhere else. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

OK, Bubba what is the answer

Reply to
m Ransley

Hey dave!

go f*ck yourself!!!

Reply to
U will be assimilated

Dave you uneducated piece of human garbage...why not make your next webtv nic HACK Fella?

PS THIS vile talk IS directed at you, ya fundy POS

Why not Fuck off n Die

Do the internet a favor

Reply to
fundies sux

This is Turtle.

matt there is people who post here that live beyond the driving range of your Pinto wagon and have to run heat in the morning and cooling in the evening. It was 44ºF this morning at day lite and 81ºF by 4:00 P.M. . Now it's back to 45ºF right now tonite.

There is also people who live at the other end of Inter State 95 .

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE