Latest threads in General Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

i want to build a roof covering over my unattached patio
No further details provided
1
1

what would be the estimated cost of constructiong a 60x80 post frame with tin siding and dirt floor
what would the labor and material cost be for building a 60x80 post frame, tin skin, dirt floor, 20' sliding doors on each end and one man door?

Building a 1.8m x 2.9m mezzanine level in garage for storage. Can't support in the middle of the structure. How to do so it's safe?
The level will be used for storing garden tools, lawnmower,some paper records (1 medium archive box) garden hose & reel,various tools such as drill & drill bits, hand saws & various small tools. I...
1
1

I am building basement and one story with icf blocks on sandy soil. Is a 36
I am building a basement and one story house with icf block on sandy soil. Is a 36" by 12" footing a good idea or overkill?

can i convert a pantry into a bathroom
I have a large walk in pantry. Its got a little junk in it. I have plenty of kitchen storage and a laundry area with plenty of storage. I could use the extra bathroom because I converted the garage...
1
1

how to fill in a wet cellar
Old Old home with hidden wet cellar..want to fill in but not sure with what....dirt or sand or both???
1
1

I cant find a bracket long enough to support my closet rod what else can be used?
I just put up a closet rod it is about 7ft long and there is a small peice of the wall that comes out futher than the other part. so the rod is about 15 1/2in from the back wall, i cant find any...
1
1

What's a fair price for a contractor to charge to remove an eight foot load bearing wall in houston
The wall is between the kitchen and den on the first floor of a one and a half story home. And actually the "upstairs half" story is on the front half of the house, and the wall being removed is in...

removing nails from timber cladding
My builder has clad the first floor of my house in red cedar. It looked great for a bit then it rained and now every nail has smudged the wood with rust marks. I have now researched this and of course...
1
1

Can I use rubber roofing for a shower pan liner?
No further details provided
1
1

Should I replace the main load bearing beam?
In the basement of an 1880 home, the main load bearing beam is torqued clockwise from one end to the other so that the joists above are resting on the running edge of the beam. The only place where...
1
1

Plywood help: flooring in a trailer
I am looking for a good plywood to be used as flooring in a 5X8 trailer. Weight top is 1800 lbs. What should I use? 2X6 would make it too thick to load on the tilt trailer.
1
1

48" HEADER INA SINGLE STORY MARRAGE WALL IN A MODULAR RANCH HOW BIG DOES IT NEED TO BE?
MODULAR RANCH SINGLE STORY RANCH HOME- MARRAGE WALL RUNS LENGHT OF HOUSE/ WANT TO OPEN A PASS THRU WINDOW TO MY LIVING ROOM FROM KITCHEN THRU SAME WALL 48" LONG/ 2X3 WITH 24" ON CENTER SPAN /MUST...

my covered supporting columns are resting on a rotted square and then a rotted half wall.
I need to replace the half wall and the squares that are rotted. The half wall is hollow and about a foot wide with siding on the exterior and bead board on the interior. How do I brace the roof while...
2
2

I want to plant a 4 x 4 post, but want to remove it off season, is there a frame I can planat and slide 4 x 4 into?
is there a metal frame for a 4 x 4 that I can set in concrete and then remove the 4 x 4 off season? Doug Altenbern
2
2