Subject Author Posted Replies

Passion flower
Hi, this is my first post on this site. I just wonder if anyone could help me? I planted a passion flower climber about 3-4 years ago and it has always done really well in the situation it is in and...

Scrounger's Report
Elder Grandson spent last night with us, and after taking him to school this morning, I did a quick loopty drive back home to see what was available curbside. Came home with a thick stack of cardboard...
3
3

Premature review Book " jamie at home"
A cookbook based on the four seasons. Nothing so unique about that except it only has recipes using stuff you can grow. Author recommends seed saver's, Johnny's and more. Sort of reflects "Omnivore's...
7
7

Temple of the Atlantis Tomato pt.3
Billy dreamed that he was lying in the gutter, his head hurt. "One of those bottles of whisky must have been bad", he thought. His nose itched but when he went to scratch it, his hand wouldn't move....
5
5

Name callers and bashers
The very worst thing you can do is reply to disconnected people. Skip their posts and enjoy the group. I do it all the time; and will here. Great group, A lurker. PS: Radishes and carrots up in N,E,...
18
18

Can a tomato seed grow into a pepper?
Last year we had trouble finding my favorite tomato seeds which was the "Burpee Forth of July" hybrid. After eventually finding one pack we had our usual tomato crop which was great and throughout the...
16
16

NYT column on bees
Good read! Bill whose oldest daughter is named Linnea.
1
1

Pandemic sing along
Well its time again. 't_Fear)_The_ReaperGot cable internet/satellite connection? along while you're watching: All our times have come Here but now they're gone Seasons don't fear the reaper Nor do the...
3
3

Gardening Mistake With Great Results
Last fall I planted spinach for a fall crop, but waited too long and cold hit before the leaves had gotten the size of eggs, and it refused to grow any more. I plopped milk cartons over the plants...
9
9

60ft Laurel Trees
I have moved into a house in France and on one side of the garden are what I think are Californian Laurel. They have been allowed to grow wild and some reach 60ft. Whilst I want to retain the Laurel...
1
1

Lwwn Edger
With over 400 ft of edges in my garden I'm in the market for a power lawn edger. I don't like the idea of a 150 foot extension cord. None of the box stores in my area (Kingston Ontario) carry anything...
2
2

ants! - little ones, but lots of them
Temps here in Ohio have gone up into the upper 80's suddenly, and there are loads of ants in our house. More specifically, there are loads and loads of tiny 1/8" long ants, primarily in our kitchen...
8
8

Iris were yellow, now blue
My iris bed is in full bloom. Blossoms were yellow last year now they are blue. What causes this and will they be blue again next year?
6
6

Natural Antivirals
Some interesting information on some garden goodies that may help against viral infections and may be important given the, uh, outbreak of swine flu. Note the age group that is dying. Similar to the...

growing seeds??
your enthusiasm should win you half the battle, did you put holes, (seedlings need drainage) in your plastic containers? if not i would make a few in bottom of your containers. a waterlogged seed may...
4
4