Scrounger's Report

Elder Grandson spent last night with us, and after taking him to school this morning, I did a quick loopty drive back home to see what was available curbside.

Came home with a thick stack of cardboard from someone's new kitchen cabinets, all broken down neatly. I'm getting ready to make some new raised beds and was in need of this.

And fifteen bags of nice clean dry leaves. I was out of leaves and I sure do appreciate people bagging them for me, easy to carry, stack, and they remain dry until I need them.

Also found a screwdriver in the road.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

cheap, cough, bugger. Sheam.

rob

Reply to
George.com

Thanks Charlie, for the opportunity to post an advertisement !!!

One of the best kept secrets in the scroungers world is Freecycle.

This organization spans several countries. It's purpose is to recycle items which still have a useable life but owners no longer need. Perhaps they've downsized. Moved. The babies have grown up and have children.... Lots of reasons why people need to get rid of stuff which is perfectly good. Freecycle helps keep it out of the landfill.

Visit

to see if any local chapters exist by you... they probably do !!

I've gotten some pretty good stuff... lawnmowers, plants, potting containers, household furnishings, computers... sound equipment... freecycle makes quite a difference...

.... end of advertisement....

harumph...

scrounge on Charlie... scrounge on.....

Peter

Reply to
Peter

items which still

ed. Moved. =A0The

... =A0they probably do

ontainers, household

quite a difference...

. Now there's someone with the same ethics as self. Hello friend! Yup: Called recycling and we humans should be doing much more of it! Talking about recycling have we all signed our organ donor cards? That and some increased birth control measures by both sexes, might control our overpopulation and increase and improve the quality and balance with Nature of those humans who remain. Here endeth the lesson! Amen.

Reply to
stan