Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping Gardengal
Are you still around? Didn't you, or do you still work at Swanson's? Val
12
12

When walking about the garden with no intent. What do have incase
Whenever I walk around I carry a five inch pruning shear tool 5 inches long only has a 1.5 inch cutting edge. Also carry a 6 inch Japanese carpenter knife. Those are real light and my next choice a...
7
7

newbie
Hi hope Iv'e posted this to the right place. I have got a polytunnel, planted mostly with tomatoes, when tucking them in last night (yes sad I know) I spotted 2 grub thinggy's in/on the soil. I have...
2
2

Solar Energy
Energy Week: http://www.bnl.gov/bnlweb/pubaf/bulletin/2009/bb050109.pdf
2
2

Pear Trees
I have two pear trees which have given me harvest up to 2007 but after those years nothing Please could you help with a solution to this problem
4
4

growing grapes in a container
Hello, I'm a new gardener, and new to this group. If any I ask should be better asked elsewhere, let me know. I'm in Atlanta. I've acquired from a neighbor a "wishing well", think of the as a large...
21
21

Sprouting radishes
I can't believe I'm asking such an amateur's question, after all these years I left a large planting of radishes in the ground too long. Harvested them; too woody to eat. I was busy, and let them sit...
8
8

Lest we forget
May 1, 1886 The Struggle for the Eight-Hour Day Day parade and strikes In October 1884, a convention held by the Federation of Organized Trades and Labor Unions unanimously set May 1, 1886, as the...
42
42

Whitehouse Garden Seems To Be Upsetting Big Agribiz.....
Well now, whadda ya know.....seems as if The First Garden (US) is generating quite a stir around the world and amongst dow, monsatano, and dupont. Sounds like MACA is going apeshit about the idea of a...
5
5

grocery bags
Would it be ok to use brown paper grocery bags for mulch as one would use newspaper? Thank you.
33
33

Blog on food and more
Found it mentioned in Consumer reports. Bill
1
1

Gardening help please!!!
Hi, I need some help regarding my garden project I've taken on board which is huge specially my knowledge in the area is limited. All answer/suggestions welcome. I've got a decent size back and side...
2
2

Bizzy Lizzies
This depends a lot on the type of plant. I would guess most woody perennials could handle a little trim, but you might want to post a bit more detail.
6
6

Signs of Spring
Here in the NY Catskills spring is bustin' out all over. Last week an early heat wave, in the 80s, gave spring here a two week headstart. This morning the temperature was a balmy 33ºF. My flowering...
6
6

Looking for a gardener - online?
Hi everyone, I have been reading in this forum for a while now and I would like to thank you all for making this platform informative and fun to read! ;-) Here is my first post and it starts of with a...
3
3