What's this black stuff on my grass?

This stuff showed up this morning (Sunday, June 5).

Suzie-Q

-> This stuff showed up this morning (Sunday, June 5).

->

->

-> My lawn is a mix of grasses. There's St. Augustine creeping

-> over from the neighbor's house, and, as you can see, a lot

-> of crabgrass and weeds.

->

-> I'm in central Texas.

->

-> Will it go away? Is it bad? Should I do something?

->

-> Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Looks like slime mold. I can be black or gray. Usually caused by wet and shady areas.

Look here:

Rolling Thunder

Reply to
Kay Lancaster