Student Research into the Gardening Lifestyles Future

Hi,

I am part of a student group conducting research for a fertiliser pesticide and herbicide manufacturer and supplier in the UK. Thi research is intended to help the new generation of gardeners understan the products available to them whilst improving the garden centr experience for all.

This research will be going to the suppliers, so we would like to hav peoples honest opinions as your response will be an important part o our report.

If you could fill in this really short questionnaire it would b extremely helpful and we may be able to get your opinions heard.

Age (optional):

How often to visit Garden Centres in a month?

Do you consider encouraging young gardeners (aged 15-30 ) to b important?

What ways to you think young gardeners can be encouraged and educate into the hobby/lifestyle?

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being terrible and 10 being excellent, ho would you rate these companies? Westlands - Doff Portland - Scotts - Vitax -

Finally how would you improve garden centres specifically to make th horticultural industry improve and progress with the changes in societ and thinking to date?

Any feedback and answers would be extremely helpful, all your answer will remain anonymous. We hope these questions can make som improvements to the gardening lifestyle for all.

Thank you for you time, Matt Logan

Reply to
mlogan

0.5

Yes but this is a motherhood statement, nobody will answer "no", well maybe Brooklyn1 if his haemorrhoids are playing up.

Face to face contact with competent enthusiastic mentors not bubble-brain salesmen

Never heard of any of them, this is an international forum.

Improve their knowledge, particularly of local conditions, and get rid of marketing hype over the latest expensive fashionable trademarked cultivar, wonder tool or amazing chemfert. Have them teach people how to reuse and recycle in the garden instead of throwing away and buying new.

Or maybe sell more goods.

David.

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I am old and decrepit.

I visit once a month, but buy nothing, I just love the smell in those Garden Centers.

Yes! Is very important to teach the young ones that commercially made products like artificial fertilizers, pesticides and most certainly all types of herbicides are a complete and total waste of money. Companies like the ones you represent are nothing for than useless Space Merchants.

In order to live, you must grow your own food when the worlds currencies collapse.

I give all of them a score of: 1

If they mostly sell fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides, they are Space Merchants!

Sell nothing but heirloom plants and seeds. I can get the garden tools at a hardware store, like shovels, wheel barrels, watering cans...

Get a real job Matt that helps the earth and not harm it. Marketing analysis is a stupid moronic occupation.

My answers are anonymous? Most kind of you!

If your real name is Matt Logan, you are real stupid for using a real name here. Also if your main email address is from hotmail, then spammers well probably start sending you lots of junk email. The spammers bots regularly scan the net for email addresses.

These are my most HONEST opinions :) Good luck in your research :)

Reply to
Dan L

There are 7 billion of us now and the U.K. imports 40% of its food. We are projected to be 9 billion by 2050. You sound like a young lad who may be here in 2050. Do you like to eat, regularly?

See a "Farm for a Future" . It comes in 5 parts. The first 2 parts are about what we can do with what we got. The last 3 parts are about where farming could go to secure a steady food supply.

Don't rely on others, when you can rely on yourself.

Reply to
Billy

Hi Matt,

You in reality are a corporate minion whose sole purpose is to proliferate the poisons manufactured by Multi-National Companies.

However there is plenty of time for you to change your path in life, as in thinking for yourself. The days of poisoning soil, insects and so called weeds is fast coming to an end.

These methods are unsustainable, the environment which sustains us is being killed by the people that you are working for. If I were you "I would take a good look in a mirror and ask why am I doing this".

No insult intended but you really need to get a life!!

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute, its totally useless unless its open

Reply to
uriel13