Source for Bomarea??

I am seeking Bomarea seeds or plants, preferably the "fiesta" or "red" varieties. I cannot find a single source.

chaz

Reply to
chaz

How did you conduct your search?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I have googled, yahoo'd and msn'd and cannot find a single source.

Reply to
chaz

Searched for "bomarea seeds $" (without the quotes) at google, and clicked "I Feel Lucky". Came up with this:

the regular search button turned up 1190 results. I included the dollar sign so maybe it would turn up more sites actually selling the seeds, rather than only describing the plant.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Unfortunately I am in the US, not the UK

thanks

> Using the regular search button turned up 1190 results. I included the

Reply to
chaz

There must be SOMETHING in the other 1190 search results. :-)

>>> Using the regular search button turned up 1190 results. I included the

Reply to
Doug Kanter

well, i cant find it!

Reply to
chaz

I had the same problem with Rheum palmatum many years ago. A friend finally smuggled some seeds from England. This was before 9/11. Now, if her ploy were discovered, I'm sure she'd be arrested, tortured and beaten by ze security agents. One out of five seeds grew. The plant prospered until my neighbor's late dog dug it up.

Just a thought: Maybe there's a reason you can't find the Bomarea seeds. Is it possible the it's been placed on an invasive plant list?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Right now its on the EVASIVE plant list LOL

Thanks for the posting!

chaz

Reply to
chaz