Raspberries

A friend just bought a house last fall and planted some Heritage raspberry canes last fall. She swears she'll get fruit this summer... I think she won't until next year. Who is right?

Thanks

Reply to
Kate in MI

IIRC, Heritage, is the autumn bearing raspberry which fruits on this season's canes. I'd say your friend would be right (but won't bet the farm on that assertion). If I went out to check the raspberries in the fruit cage which we finished and planted up with 4 varieties of raspberry just this past summer, I'd be able to say with more certainty. There are raspberries in there as I noticed them yesterday as I came out from the chook orchard, but I'd need to go and look at the labels.

Reply to
FarmI