Plant mirror

Does anyone have info on using a mirror to help plants grow in a dark area.

Will a normal mirror do, will shiny stainless steel do, or does one need a special type of mirror to reflect the rays that plants need?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

you need a mirror that reflects light in the 15-35 angstom spectrum. these can usually be obtained at a pharmacy or medical supply store, as they are the same type of mirrors that dentists and doctors use to observe into our body cavities.

Reply to
Analeese Allen

A bright white surface will actually reflect more light than a conventional mirror.

Reply to
Zing

mirrors are also good for killing weeds as they will wilt and die when they see their reflection ;-) lol!

Reply to
peter_may_day

We need to send light down an area that is bricked in.. so need a big mirror, any info on this?

thanks

Reply to
Tony