Planet Monitoring System Using Sensors - Design Project

Hello all,

I'm an EE student working on my senior project, but my group and I are stil l in the design stage. We're designing a planet monitoring system that mea sures moisture, sunlight, temperature, and pH, cataloging this information in a database, and providing an interface that allows users to easily use t his info to improve their gardening techniques.

We have a few questions that we've developed to help us pare down our visio n, and I'd be really grateful if any of you could answer some or all of the m. Feel free just to address whichever question strikes your fancy. (Hope fully, there is a question that does.)

Thank you all very much.

Questions Under what weather conditions do you usually garden? Which seasons? Where? What do you primarily grow? What issues do you most often have when gardening? How large is your garden? What would make gardening easier for you? How much would you be willing to pay for a device that would help you garde n? How long would you expect a device like this to last? What feature would you use the most? The least?

Reply to
querida.ellis

You do understand that you are an idiot, don't you. Find a good trade you can go into where you won't hurt anyone.

In any event, the NSA has already beaten you to your Planet Monitoring System. Where have you been for the last 6 mo?

Reply to
Billy

This was actually helpful, Billy. I just realized that there's a typo.

For those who are considering helping out, that should read plant, not planet.

Reply to
querida.ellis

ill in the design stage. We're designing a planet monitoring system that m easures moisture, sunlight, temperature, and pH, cataloging this informatio n in a database, and providing an interface that allows users to easily use this info to improve their gardening techniques.

ion, and I'd be really grateful if any of you could answer some or all of t hem. Feel free just to address whichever question strikes your fancy. (Ho pefully, there is a question that does.)

Are you in the US or UK or? The US is very large; has many diverse climat es and microclimates, so you are requesting a great deal of data that might not fit your project. Could you think about this factor?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson