Design student working on garden product idea

Hi my name is Evan and I am a design student trying to come up with

product to help beginner to expert gardeners with the process o growing plants, fruits in a garden or greenhouse. It would be best t explain my idea by giving you an example of how you could use it.

The user opens up the box to find the Hand held device with a color LC touch screen, seeds for several different plants, earphones and locatio markers with embedded RFID chips. The handheld device would also have docking station to connect to a computer. The idea is that when th user starts planting fruits, flowers, ect. They would then place RFID in the ground right with the seed.(An RFID is a chip that store information you enter, and then can retrieve the information late wirelessly.)

The user would input what plant he just put the RFID chip next to. Now when the user ever comes back to that plant he waves his devic over the plant and up pops a history of the plant, how to take care o it, the history of the users interaction with that plant, ect. Th device would also be able to play mp3 files, which would allow the use to hook up to the internet and download instructional lessons, differen methods of planting, care, ect. The device could even give visua references for the user. This idea is just not limited to outdoor use. You could use the syste for greenhouses, or even inside the house with ?smart pots.? Maybe yo have smart pots that have RFID integrated chips. The main thing I wan to concentrate on is building this idea into an entire system for hom gardening.

I would really appreciate any answers to the following questions, an any comments about my idea

What is your biggest problem with gardening and the gardening process?

What is the hardest thing to remember when gardening?

Do you document plants as they grow?

How do you remember what plants you planted?

What are the most common things you need to remember when taking car of a garden, ie nutrition, type of fertilizer, ect.

What are the most important things you need to do before starting t plant seeds for your garden?

Are there different ways you need to treat plants that you grow outsid then in a greenhouse?

Thanks for your time, this will really help me out

-- spirk

Reply to
spirk

V_coerulea

Dear Gary,

Thank you very much for the great reply. I really appreciate you help.

I had one quick question for you. I live in the United States and I a not what ms access is?

Again thank you for taking the time to reply. You really had some goo ideas.

Best Regards,

Eva

-- spirk

Reply to
spirk

I live in the US also. MS Access is the database program that is part of Microsoft Office Pro also available as an independent program. It's a very popular database program although there are others that are cheaper and also popular. Good luck on your program. Gary

Reply to
V_coerulea