OT: Garden Shredder Doubles as Beer Can Shredder

I've a used Rover (5hp B&S 4 stroke) Garden Shredder which 'effortlessly' Doubles as an aluminum Beer Can Shredder,

I'm not suggesting this is a safe or sensible activity for others to engage in, and putting any such safety aspects aside (till a later stage), would the aluminum beer cans be any more likely to cause engine crankshaft damage, than the 40mm dead hardwood which it copes with adequately also, but with greater vibration?

Cheers, Leonard

Reply to
Maverick

'effortlessly'

crankshaft

I think someone may have opened a few too many beer cans to get this far in testing.

No, the cans aren't going to be a problem for the engine or crankshaft, but they may dull the blades faster than the wood and other plant material they were designed for.

Also, shredding the cans reduces the number of places you can take them to recycle. Some places are set up for only cans, and will not accept shredded aluminum. (Unless you've *really* opened too many beer cans, I'm pretty sure you don't live someplace with a deposit on cans because if you did, I'm sure you'd know that a single can is worth more whole than shredded when a deposit is involved.)

And I'll defer the safety concerns as well, since it doesn't seem to be something that you'd be concerned about anyway.

Reply to
Warren

well someone had to, (in the quest of...)

Blades weren't sharp to begin with, more like solid bars.

it's a anti-aircraft radar jamming prototype (sorta hush, hush) venture capital persons take heed :-)

(Unless you've *really* opened too many beer cans,

not here in Melbourne Australia, where the will of the influentuals (rampant consumerism etc) reigns.

I'm here, coz I'm not all there :-(

Reply to
Maverick

The now-at-room-temperature Uday and Qusay were also big fans of shredders!

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I think it's all...

Richard's fault!

Visit the Sounds of the cul-de-sac at

bberry

You think they're only at room temperature?

Reply to
Privacy, please

There is a joke going around that goes something like this: ?Did you hear that Qusay and Uday are ed-day??

Clearly the humor is a play on the uncanny fact that the names of Saddam Hussein?s sons sound an awful like Pig-Latin verbiage. I pondered this notion as the sounds of laughter faded away from my most recent telling of the joke. I wondered, is there more to it? Could there really be a Pig-Latin connection to the Hussein family?

And what of the shadowy third son we have heard about in news reports. Does anyone really know what his name is? I think I do.

The third son disappeared from public view shortly after the first Gulf War in 1991. Is it a coincidence that shortly after that in 1995, halfway around the world a company was started in California with a Pig-Latin sounding name? Have you ever wondered why there is so much Saddam Hussein related memorabilia sold on E-Bay? Could it be that someone is proud of their father the tyrant? Could it be that lost and forgotten son, Ebay Hussein?

You?ve probably noticed that there are many different spellings of Arabic names depending on which news source you are reading. The truth is that there is no consensus how to write Arabic words in English. If we are going to investigate Arabic names we must therefore use phonetic spellings. Saddam?s sons then become Koosay, Eebay, and Ooday.

Now if we translate those names from Pig Latin back into English we have Skoo Bee Doo. Is this a veiled reference to the cartoon dog from the 1970s, Scooby Doo? Can it be anything but that?

Well consider this. Scooby Doo?s final year of first-run shows was

1977. It was also in 1977 that Saddam Hussein came to power in the ruling Baath Party.

Coincidence? You decide.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Now urried-bay