identification: purple plant

Hello, I bought a plant recently that I really like, but I forgot what it is called. The name is something like strobilenta, or similar. It is a non-direct sun/bright indoor plant with green and purple pointed leaves. Here is a picture of it:

want to find the name so that I can find the correct care instuctions for this plant. I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks, Helen

Reply to
Helen Lurie

Here you go:

grow them indoors and outdoors. With rich, moist soil, they'll handle full sun all day long, and develop amazing color that way. In partial shade, the color's less intense, but still impressive.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Go to Google Images and enter Strobilanthes dyerianus Common name is Persian Shield. Not hardy in most of U.S. but probably a perennial in your area. Can easily grow to 4 foot height. Responds well to pruning to increase branching. May need some shade from afternoon sun in the South.

Thanks, Helen

Reply to
nonews

Persian Shield for sure - I am in zone 7b - Atlanta - and mine dies down to the ground after the first real frost - but it comes back every year and gets about 4' tall.

I had several of them but I thought they were annuals in this area. I pulled them up after the frost turned them to black mush. I missed pulling this one up and its been coming back every spring. Beautiful plant. In full sun.

Reply to
Sterling

Reply to
Helen Lurie