Tiny little purple balls

Hello there,

I would really really like to be able to find out what this plant i called - my partner and I were walking in Hampshire, in the south o England and we spotted this unusual little plant that appeared to b growing out of someone's front garden.

I will try my best to attach pictures but so far its not letting me.

The colour of the flowers on this plant are really unique and rare they are a gorgeous metallic shade of purple and they come in tin clusters of balls. The stem is a light woody colour and there is n foliage with this plant - they resemble slightly misletoe but mistleto has leaves generally, which is not the case with this rare plant.

Please help! Any sort of clue would be wonderful - I have searche high and low and nothing has come up.

Many thanks..

Christell

-- Christelle

Reply to
Christelle

Christelle expounded:

post your picture over in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens and many of us will be able to see it.

Reply to
Ann

Is it what you saw in Hampshire?

that is the case, its 'murasakishikibu' or Japanese beautyberry (Callicarpa japonica Thumb) . The fruits would stay as it is after all the leaves are gone. i guess you might saw it with no leaves. If my brain cells have been activated properly, i may have hit the mark.

Ono

Reply to
tinyplanter