Growing Purple Cauliflower

Last season I planted purple cauliflower which I understand is really a form of broccoli. I live in central Pennsylvania and started my plants indoors from seed June 1. Come July 10, I set them in the garden and they done great. The heads were huge and it tasted like the best broccoli the wife and I ever tasted. It does turn green when cooked. The wife ask me to grow it again this season but she didn't have to ask! I will indeed grow a dozen of these plants each year in the garden from now on. It's that good! They also have cheddar cauliflower which I may also try but I would imagine it taste about the same as the purple :)

Rich from PA Zone 5-6

Reply to
EVP MAN

"EVP MAN" wrote

Humm! I bet I would like that! I'm considering a small raised bed garden set tandemed along the cul-de-sac of the side fence and sunroom (no gate on that side). Looking at about 18 inches wide and 18 feet long on the fence side (cinderblock faced with PT or painted cinderblock with flowers and stuff painted on them) and about 2feet high. Same on sunroom side but flowers probably in that one. This will leave about a 7ft wide 'alley' between them.

I know that's not like many of you do, but it will give me the joy of experimenting and not be hard to maintain.

Climate here is 7B. A odd spot where I need cold tolerant perenials and heat tolerant as well.

Reply to
cshenk