too late to seed?

Is there still time to put down grass seed (and have it germinate and survive) in the northwest corner of Baltimore, MD? We're expecting our first frost tonight, and were darn close last night. Would mid or late September have been the best time to seed, or is the fact that established grass still growing actively, and mowing is still necessary, mean that any seeds and sprouts would be displaced or harmed by the mower?

The landscpaper wants to seed within the next week (rake bare spots and dead areas before seeding them, and overseeding the rest of the lawn), but would I be better off waiting until spring? If so, when is the best time to seed in spring in this area?

Thanks,

Alan

Reply to
nobody

Late last month would have been ideal, but plenty of mild days ahead, so go ahead and seed but get it done sooner than later.

Reply to
TQ