I found it! (was Insect I.D. please)

Aha! Thanks to all of you and your advice! I found it via Google. . .a green tiger beetle, Cicindela sexguttata. I've been gardening many years but have never seen one before. I should have captured it for a photo to submit.

Thanks again!

ctlady

Reply to
ctlady

ctlady expounded:

Wow, cool bug! I've never seen one around here, but that doesn't mean much :o)

Reply to
Ann

They are ground beetles for the most part and they are beautiful.

Reply to
jangchub