Help with a wierd succulent plant "African" sanseveria

I got this at a garage sale today. The tag says African Sanseveria. I have done a google search but I can't find it anywhere. It's a beautiful plant, several thick spikes about 2inches in diameter and tapering to a point. The highest spike is about 3 feet tall and the spikes are ridged. I really need to know how to take care of it since it will be inside. The guy I bought it from said it was in the Mother-in-law family

As usual any help is appreciated

Shell

Reply to
Shell91

Since almost all but a few Indian species and two in Arabia and Madagascar each are from Africa, that doesn't narrow it down at all.

There are several species with pointed cylindrical leaves. So that doesn't help narrow it down either.

However, I suspect you have the very widely grown Sanseviera cylindrica.

It is just as easy to grow as the common Sansevieria trifasciata.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Just looked up the Sanseviera cylindrica and that's definitely it. Thanks :) From what I'm reading I should be able to grow it inside this winter. Got a spot all picked ot for it.

Shell

Reply to
Shell91

".........The guy I bought it from said it was in the Mother-in-law family........"

Sanseveria. known as "Mother in Laws Tongue"

Reply to
David Hill

That sure narrows it down, cauliflower brain.

Sanseviera is a large genus (not a family) with hundreds of species, hybrids and variegated cultivars.

Her plant was Sansevieria cylindrica.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Reply to