found abandoned distressed snake plant - help.

Recently found a couple of abandoned plants that are doing ok. Today I found a distressed looking plant with the store tag on it saying it is a snake plant. It has green 1 1/2 inch wide leaves. The plant is about 1

1/2 feet tall. The leaves are somewhat sagging but not totally flopped over - sort of the leaning tower of Pisa. Any advise to keep it alive or get the leaves to sort of stand at attention or look alive. I am not a plant person per se but when I see plants abandoned by tenants of apartment buildings I take them in. I thought of letting it dry out a bit and being indoors as opposed to outdoors by a dumpster on the southern Canadian Pacific Coast might help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply to
occupant

Llok up Snake plant on google and you will find information such as the addy below,

Basically you are doing the right thing.. Not ususally a lot you can do about flopped leaves in my experience other than plant guides/stakes to hold them up. New leaves should grow erect but it is slow growing if its the common type used in offices.

Drying it out should be OK as they do not like a lot of water.

Then mebbe repot in a nice pot of your choice with a medium compost and a bit of sand mixed in. // Jim

Reply to
Jim W

Your plant may be too far gone. Snakeplants survive quite well in low-light and minimal water conditions, so it'd take a lot of stress to make one sick. You *can* make new plants by cutting a leaf into

1-1/2"-2" horizontal slices and inserting one edge into a moist potting medium. At any rate, bringing indoors and giving water only when the soil is dry may revive it.

This site appears to have good information:

Frogleg