Help to ID purple flower

Hi all, This purple flower was in a gift bouquet. I think it's an Iris. Does anyone know the species? Thanks for your help.
https://imgur.com/a/XaheTa3

Grigori Markov wrote:

yes, it is an iris, but i cannot give you a popular name or species for it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Iris_species
songbird
On 3/27/2020 4:06 PM, Grigori Markov wrote:

It is commonly called a Dutch iris and is a bulb. It is possibly Iris xiphium or Iris sibirica. Even in my climate, they go dormant sometimes as early as July.
I happen to prefer bearded iris, Iris germanica, which is a rhizome. The flowers are larger and last longer than those from bulb iris. They are evergreen, even through the winter.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
David E. Ross wrote: ...

i like the bulb irises because they can flower so early here that they're coming up through the snow.
they are out now and i'm always glad to see them. :)
songbird