HELP - Slugs in rose bushes - Any remedies ?

HELP - Slugs in rose bushes - Any remedies ?

Reply to
'Ole Curmudgeon

Pcik them off.

Reply to
Sunflower

Get rid of the roses.

Reply to
paghat

I have found that if you use a systemic Rose care product (Bayer and Ortho are two brands that I know of) you won't have slug problems.

I would hand pick them off the plants and check the base of the plant. They like to hide in the mulch that many of us put around our Roses. There are also some products that you can use to attract (and kill) the slugs. If you want to use a non chemical product use stale beer (open a can and let it sit all day). Put it in shallow cups around your plants and the slugs will craw in and drown.

This page of my web site,

has some pictures of my Roses and there are others on my web site.

Reply to
Bill R

Thanx for tips....."Nice garden !"

Reply to
'Ole Curmudgeon

Not an option

Reply to
'Ole Curmudgeon

Get ducks. They love slugs. ;)

Reply to
The Watcher

Reply to
Michelle

Also, an old farmer's trick - put beer in pans around the base.

Reply to
Harriet Nation

You are welcome. Good luck with your Roses.

Reply to
Bill R

Do you think slugs to ducks is like peanut butter to us? Sticks to roof of mouth. Wonder if they quack like Qynack Qynack after swallowing a slug.

jennifer summers

Reply to
NOSPAM2DAYJennifer Summers