Help Please (re: pooling water)

I have a small problem with water pooling on the sidewalk in front of my house. The area is about 3 feet long and sits between two beds. I thought the problem was that the gutter was dumping right there and was adding more water than the area could handle, well we rerouted the water and after a storm last night the puddle was back although the size had diminished a bit.

I am having work done on the yard right now so it is a good time to do something. I just had the yard regraded and resodded. I was wondering if I should put a catch basin in the bed on the lower side of the side walk and hope that takes care of it.

Any other ideas?

Reply to
tmoody1

Is the sidewalk cupped in the middle?