Sandy soil, wanh to pave it...

My new villa has a sandy soil aroud, it is like beach sand very thin grains with lot of mobility, when the wind blows that takes sand everywhere.

Part of the plot in planted with grass, wich works very well as a pavement to that sand. But I cant afford to pland grass everywhere (water bill...., water here is scarce). Please what are your sugestions to pave the rest of the plot (gravel, cement blocks ???).

Thanks in advance Para

Reply to
runge_kuta

One third of my garden is a gravel garden with some raised beds...I also have bamboo clumps (make sure you get the clump type if you decide to buy them) - we have a raised bed made out of railway sleepers which again hold architectural plants that do not require too much watering....for a bit of colour I have an Iris bog garden....the only part I ever water is the bog garden....

We certainly don't get any issues with dust and it looks great all year round....if your soil is just sand though you would definitely have to add top soil and compost into any beds or places you want to grow plants...

for the record my soil is actually clay but it does dust up in the summer - that is the bits that don't go solid..

Gill

Gill

Reply to
Gill Passman